Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen



“It's what's buried deep inside that frightens me because it's broken, like a shattered mirror.” 
Ella

 Ella and Micha are two broken people who have known each other nearly their whole lives. They have struggled with the line in their friendship for a long time. It scares Ella I think, to think of being more with Micha. He knows her better than anyone and after one tragic night, she doesn't want to remember her past. She doesn't want to think about the things that Micha makes her think about. She's trying so hard to be someone different but when she has to come back home, after leaving without a trace, she is forced to face things she has buried deep inside.

“you can't just change who you are on the outside and expect it to change who you are on the inside.” 
Micha

 Micha totally sees through this new Ella. He sees her for who she is and for who she was and he loves her anyways. After all these years, he still loves her. I absolutely loved the relationship between Ella and Micha. I loved watching him try to bring the old Ella out. The one that she has pushed deep down and hidden from the rest of the world. He has made it his mission to help her remember who she was and be ok with it. 

“I love you, Ella May and nothing will ever change that. You can push me away -run away – and I will still love you.” 
Micha

Micha loves her, and you totally feel it while reading. I looooved him! He would seriously do anything for her. He's totally swoon worthy...but not ridiculously unrealistic. He has his own issues, but you know and love him anyways. You love him for how long and how well he has stuck by the people he loves..like his mom and like Ella. He is a great character and one of my fave book boys.

I don't know..but I was surprised by how much I loved this book. It kind of snuck up on me and I am mad at myself for waiting a bit to read it. I bought it weeks ago and finally decided to pick it up. It was such a great read. The characters were awesome..and relatable...if that's even a word. I really understood where they were coming from with their decisions and actions. I am super excited for the next book and finding out what is going to come next for Ella and Micha. They really are two of my favorites! 

No comments:

Post a Comment