Thursday, April 4, 2013

Love Unscripted by Tina Reber



I am so excited to post this book as my first review. I so loved it. It is such a nice change of pace from some of the other books I have read lately. It is such a love story and not a lust story...though I had a few visions of my Ryan in my head.

Our heroine in this story is Taryn Mitchell, who has known her fair share of heart ache and is a bit jaded. One fateful afternoon she happens to meet the wildly famous and drop dead gorgeous Ryan Christensen. Unsure of what to expect with the man so many people long to be with, Taryn keeps her distance as best as she can, but finds herself drawn to him.

Ryan hates the spotlight which is so surprising for someone of his caliber but it definitely helps for him to seem attainable in this book and not completely unrealistic like it could have been. I mean...who hasn't dreamed of some super hot and famous movie star all the while knowing how insanely unrealistic it is? With this book, the way the characters are developed it doesn't feel like that. It feels totally plausible that he would be a regular guy (because movie stars really probably are...as crazy as that seems!) and that he really would fall for just a regular girl.

“So… am I to understand that you’re mine”” I asked teasingly.
“I can be yours if you want me to be, Taryn,” he whispered.”
― Tina Reber, Love Unscripted
I loved watching their relationship develop and wondering what was going to happen next...because we all know that life really isn't a movie so things weren't going to be all sunshine and rainbows and I was dying to know what the obstacles would end up being exactly. Each of them is flawed in their own way and it was really great being able to watch them grow together and figure things out. The dynamic between them made my heart race but it wasn't full of lust like I said earlier. This was about love and was much deeper. 
I don’t want anyone else - just you. And no matter where I am, wherever I go, you’re the only one who is holding my heart.Ryan Christensen― Tina Reber, Love Unscripted

All in all I really loved this book! My only complaint is that I do so feel like it could have been shorter. There were moments that were drawn out, but it wasn't boring by any means.


No comments:

Post a Comment