Sunday, May 12, 2013

Tag Team Review: This Girl by Colleen Hoover


"Then this girl...
Holy hell, this girl..."

Synopsis:
Colleen Hoover’s New York Times bestselling Slammed series has brought countless readers to their knees with a whirlwind of love, passion, and heartache.

Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from his point of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.


Other books in this series:
#1 Slammed
#2 Point of Retreat

My review:
"..she's the first person in the last two years of mfy life who gives me any sense of hope about the future... This girl isn't anything like any girl I've known. This girl is..."

*swoon* I love love love will. I think he's perfect. He's reliable and sweet and charming and creative. He's everything I personally want from one of my book crushes. I loved him in Colleen's first two books and I love him even more now.

When I read that this book was going to be made and what it was going to be I was wary. I just wasn't sure how she could go back and tell a story we already knew in such a way that we would still be in to it. I wasn't sure if there would be new information or if it would be repetitive and because of that, be a bit dull. It really wasn't. She went through it in a fun way and a unique way! I really loved it!

It wasn't just a different POV. There were new tidbits of info and getting to hear how Will strugged with the situation instead of just Layken's thoughts, really was awesome and made it like reading a new story a lot of the time.

"Sometimes two people need to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together."

Reading about the hardships they faced made me so emotional. Anytime I am able to feel what a man is feeling I always feel so much more emotional for some reason. Watching these two go through everything a second time wasn't easy, but it is all so worth it. We get to feel everything will does. The sadness, fear, jealousy, everything and it really does do a number on you but I loooooved every second of it!

I don't think you HAVE to read Slammed and Point of Retreat immediately before reading this one, but you should read them at least once before. This Girl directly follows Point of Retreat and though there are new storylines and new snippets, but the book is told from the perspective of Will talking to Layken and telling her his feelings after so many of their big moments. It's so beautiful and so sweet.  If you haven't read it yet you definitely need to!

"Telling her exactly how I feel about her is the easiest thing I've ever done. The honesty comes so naturally."


Now! Check out my friends Tammy and Kim's review of this  butterflying awesome book!

"I am going to keep my review short and sweet. As I have said on several occasions, Colleen Hoover does not disappoint! This Girl did not disappoint,...."

Tammy and Kim's Blog | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment